Multi-Input Video Scaler
A multimedia box for the conference room or home theater.
It combines the functions of a video scaler and a multiple-input video switch, so you can take full advantage of your display equipment’s resolution—whether it’s a 50" plasma, LCD, or CRT screen—for your presentations.
- Converts PAL, SECAM, and NTSC standards to VGA, XGA, and RGB.
- Supports 4/3 and 16/9 screen formats.
- Auto-adapt motion compensation.
- Easy to manage and control via RS-232 control software or the infrared remote control (both are included).
- VGA input for directly displaying PC images, Power Mac® images, or Internet applications on a big-screen monitor or video projector.
- Seven video inputs: Composite 1, Composite 2, S-Video 1, S-Video 2, RGBS, Component, and computer.
- Includes 115–230-VAC, 50–60-Hz autosensing power supply.
- Invested in a high-end monitor, plasma screen, or video projector for crystal-clear presentations but don’t have a way to patch in more than one video feed? You need the BLACK BOX® Multi-Input Video Scaler!
The Multi-Input Video Scaler has six video inputs you can use to connect VCRs, camcorders, DVD players, satellite TV receivers, or any device that uses NTSC, PAL, or SECAM decoding. It then scales the input video for display on VGA, XGA, or RGBS equipment.
You can even use the end device to display a computer image. Simply connect your PC or Mac to the scaler’s HD15 port.
Images look sharp!
Whether used in a corporate boardroom, business lobby, point-of-sale environment, or as part of a home theater setup, the Multi-Input Video Scaler delivers crisp images with superior resolution and brightness.
Its integrated digital decoder includes an advanced comb filter and an auto-adapting delacing scheme, resulting in a cinema-quality image that has fewer scan lines and superior on-screen motion. Gamma correction ensures an optimum “near black” luma response.
What’s more, the 3/2 pull-down correction minimizes artifacts that often appear during film-to-video frame transfers. You can also reset aspect ratios for your source and display screen. This way, the proportion of the image isn’t resized incorrectly in the scaling process.
Use front-panel controls for selecting input, choosing input aspect ratios, and switching between LCD, DMD, or CRT display types.
Adjust images using remote control software.
Connect an RS-232 workstation to the scaler through the DB9 port so you can control functions from another room. RS-232 control software is included. For everything that’s included, see below.
What’s included: Multi-Input Video Scaler HD15 M/M cable S-Video (Y/C) cable DVI M/M cable AC power cable (3) MCO connectors Remote control software (CD) User's manual
Computer Input — (1) for PC, Mac®, or Sun Workstation®, or external source (HDTV, RGBHV, RGBS, or YUV) Resolution (Maximum) — Selectable output: 4/3: SVGA: 800 x 600; XGA: 1024 x 768; SXGA: 1280 x 1024; SXGA+: 1400 x 1050; UXGA: 1600 x 1200; 16/9: WVGA: 852 x 480; 720p: 1280 x 720; WXGA: 1366 x 768 (D-ILA) CE Approval — Yes Connectors — (2) BNC Composite, (1) S-Video Y/C mini DIN, (4) RGB/S and Component BNC, (1) HD15 F computer, (1) DB9 F RS-232, (1) DVI-I, (3) 5-pin MCO audio Power — 100–250 VAC, 50–60 Hz, autosensing Size — 1.75"H x 17.3"W x 10.4"D (4.4 x 43.9 x 26.4 cm) Weight — 5.5 lb. (2.5 kg)