Fire•Lite’s MS-9600LS (E) and MS-9600UDLS (E) are compact,
cost effective, intelligent addressable FACPs (Fire Alarm Control
Panels) with an extensive list of powerful features. The
combination of Fire•Lite’s newer series devices and legacy
300 Series devices, along with the MS-9600LS(E) or
MS-9600UDLSE FACP, offer the latest in fire protection technology.
LiteSpeed is a patented technology that polls 10
devices at a time looking for new or different information.
When new information is found at a specific address, the system
polls that device several times for any new data. This
improvement allows a fully loaded panel with up to 636
devices to report an incident and activate the notification circuits
in under 10 seconds. With this new polling scheme,
devices can be wired on standard twisted, unshielded wire up
to a distance of 10,000 feet per loop. Each Signaling Line Circuit
(SLC) loop supports up to 159 addressable detectors
including photoelectric, photoelectric with heat, beam, ionization,
photoelectric duct, fixed heat, fixed heat with rate-of-rise,
and fixed high-heat detectors. It also supports up to 159
addressable modules including monitor (two-wire detector,
normally open devices), dual-monitor functions (two monitor
circuits from one module, two addresses used), multimonitor
(multiple monitor circuits from one module, multiple addresses
used), control (for Notification Appliance Circuits), and relay
(two Form-C) modules.
The FLPS-7 power supply is a separate board while all other
electronics are contained on a single main circuit board. Both
boards are mounted to a quick-removable chassis and housed
in a metal cabinet. The backbox can be installed allowing field
wiring to be pulled. When construction is completed, the chassis
with the electronics can be quickly installed with two bolts.
The MS-9600UDLS (E) includes a factory-installed DACT-UD2
Digital Alarm Communicator Transmitter. The DACT transmits
system status (alarm, troubles, AC loss, etc.) to a Central Station
via internet (optional IPDACT installed) or the public
switched telephone network.
Optional modules, which plug into the main circuit board, are
available for special functions. Available accessories include
LED, graphic and LCD annunciators, reverse polarity/city box
transmitter, digital alarm communicator/transmitter, SLC
expansion module, local and remote upload/download software
and remote power expansion.
FM APPROVED to UL ANSI 864.
- Controls And Indicators
- LED INDICATORS
- AC POWER (green)
- FIRE ALARM (red)
- SUPERVISORY (yellow)
- ALARM SILENCED (yellow)
- SYSTEM TROUBLE (yellow)
- MAINTENANCE/PRESIGNAL (yellow)
- DISABLED (yellow)
- BATTERY FAULT (yellow)
- GROUND FAULT (yellow)
- MEMBRANE SWITCH CONTROLS
- ALARM SILENCE
- SYSTEM RESET (lamp test)
- 12-key pad with full alphabet
- 4 cursor keys
- Special Features
- Easy mount chassis.
- 7 amp switching power supply.
- Large enclosure allows 18 amp-hour batteries
- DACT-UD2 plug-in communicator standard with
- Optional IPDACT Internet Protocol Digital Alarm
- Four Style Y (Class B) or two Style Z (Class A)
- NAC circuits.
- Selectable strobe synchronization per NAC for
- System Sensor, Wheelock, and Gentex devices.
- Automated control of ACC-25/50(ZS/T) audio speaker circuits
- ANN-BUS for connection to following optional modules
- Note: cannot be used if ACS annunciators are used.
- ANN-80(-W) Remote LCD Annunciator
- ANN-I/O LED Driver Module
- ANN-S/PG Serial/Parallel Printer Module
- ANN-RLY Relay Module
- ANN-LED Annunciator Module
- ANN-RLED Annunciator Module (alarms only)
- Standard Features
- SLC LOOP
- SLC can be configured for NFPA Style 4, 6, or 7 operation.
- SLC supports up to 318 addressable devices per loop (159
- detectors and 159 monitor, control, or relay modules).
- SLC loop maximum length 10,000 ft. (3,048 m) @ 12 AWG
- (3.1 mm²) using twisted, unshielded wire (see Wire Table on
- page 5).
- NOTIFICATION APPLIANCE CIRCUITS (NACS):
- Four onboard NACs with additional NAC capability using
- output control modules (CMF-300 or CMF-300-6). The four
- Class B NACs can be converted to two Class A NACs with
- the NACKEY (included).
- Silence Inhibit and Auto Silence timer options.
- Continuous, March Time, Temporal or California code for
- main circuit board NACs with two-stage capability.
- Selectable strobe synchronization per NAC.
- 3.0 amps maximum per each NAC circuit
- Note: Maximum 24 VDC system power output is shared
- among all NAC circuits and 24 VDC special application auxiliary
- power outputs. Total available output is 7.0 amps.
- ADVANCED FIRE TECHNOLOGY:
- Sensitivity testing with printable results, onsite or offsite.
- Automatic drift compensation.
- PROGRAMMING AND SOFTWARE:
- Autoprogram (learn mode) reduces installation time.
- Fully programmable from local keypad, local PS/2 keyboard
- or PC (using the standard PS-TOOLS Windows® utility).
- Two-level user-programmable passwords.
- Custom English labels (per point) may be manually entered
- or selected from an internal library file.
- Three Form-C relay outputs (two programmable).
- 99 software zones.
- USER INTERFACE:
- Optional plug-in DACT-UD2 communicator (standard with
- MS-9600UDLS(E) with USB port for local upload/download.
- Remote Acknowledge, Silence, Reset and Drill via addressable
- monitor modules, ACS Series annunciators, LCD-80F
- remote annunciator, or ANN-80 Series Annunciators.
- EIA-232 printer/PC interface (variable baud rate) on main
- circuit board.
- Integral 80-character LCD display with backlighting.
- Real-time clock/calendar with automatic daylight savings
- History file with 1,000-event capacity.
- EIA-485/ANN-BUS supporting up to 8 ANN Series Annunciators
- or 32 ACS Series annunciators.
- EIA-485 supporting up to 32 ACS annunciators.
- Maintenance alert warns when smoke detector dust accumulation
- is excessive.
- Automatic device type-code verification.
- One person audible or silent walk test with walk-test log and
- Point trouble identification.
- Local piezo sounder.
- Waterflow (nonsilenceable) selection per monitor point.
- System alarm verification selection per detector point.
- PAS (Positive Alarm Sequence) and presignal delay per
- point (NFPA 72 compliant).
- Optional 4XTMF module (conventional reverse polarity/city
- box transmitter).
- Field-programming Features
- Off-line Programming: Create the entire program in your
- office using a Windows®-based software package (order programming
- kit PK-CD, containing PS-TOOLS, separately).
- Upload/download system programming locally to the
- MS-9600LS/E in less than one minute.
- Autoprogramming: Command the MS-9600LS(E) to program
- itself (takes less than 30 seconds). In the Auto-Program mode,
- the MS-9600LS(E) scans for all possible devices at all
- addresses, stores the device types, and addresses found, and
- then loads default values for all options (General Alarm). It
- also checks for two or more devices set to the same address.
- Online Editing: While still providing fire protection, the
- MS-9600LS/E may be programmed from the front panel. Simple
- menu trees displayed on the LCD allow the trained user to
- perform all functions without referring back to the programming
- English Label Library: Quickly select labels from a standard
- library of more than 50 adjectives/nouns, such as “FLR 3
- HALLWAY,” or enter custom labels letter-by-letter. Use recall
- function to repeat previously used label.
- Program Check: Automatically catch common errors, such as
- control modules not linked to any zone or input point.
- Maintenance Alert
- The MS-9600LS(E) continuously monitors each smoke detector
- and is capable of reporting maintenance conditions. This
- reduces the risk of false alarms due to dust accumulation.
- Refer to the control panel installation manual for more information.
- Automatic Test Operation
- The MS-9600LS(E) performs an automatic test of each detector
- every two hours. Failure to meet the test limits causes an
- AUTO TEST FAIL trouble type. System Reset clears this trouble.
- Terminal Blocks
- AC Power – TB1: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 3.0 amps or 240 VAC, 50
- Hz, 1.5 amps. Wire size: minimum 14 AWG (2.00 mm²) with
- 600 V insulation.
- Battery (lead acid only) – TB2: Maximum charging circuit:
- Normal flat charge 27.6 VDC @ 1.0 amp. Maximum battery
- charger capacity: 26 AH. Minimum battery 12 AH. MS-
- 9600LS(E) cabinet holds maximum of two 18 AH batteries. For
- 26 – 120 AH batteries, use the CHG-120F or CHG-75 Battery
- Charger and BB-55F Battery Box.
- NOTE: Jumper JP3, on the FACP main circuit board, must be cut
- to disable the FACP battery charger when using the CHG-120F or
- Communication Loop – (standard) TB8: 24 VDC nominal,
- 27.6 VDC maximum. Maximum length: 10,000 ft. (3048 m)
- total twisted, unshielded pair length. Maximum loop current:
- 400 mA (short circuit) or 100 mA (normal). Maximum loop
- resistance: 40 ohms. Supervised and power-limited.
- Notification Appliance Circuits – TB4: Power-limited circuitry.
- Nominal operating voltage: 24 VDC. Current limit: fuseless,
- electronic, power-limited circuitry. Maximum signaling
- current per circuit: 3.0 amps. End-of-Line Resistor: 4.7K ohm,
- 1/2 watt (P/N 71252 UL listed) for NACs. Refer to Fire•Lite
- Device Compatibility Document for listed compatible devices.
- Programmable and Trouble Output Relays – TB5: Contact
- rating: 2.0 amps @ 30 VDC (resistive), 0.5 amps @ 30 VAC
- (resistive). Form-C relays.
- Four-Wire Resettable Smoke Detector Power
- (24 VDC nominal) – TB3, Terminals 1(+) & 2(–):
- Maximum ripple voltage: 10 mVRMS. Up to 1.5 amps for powering
- four-wire smoke detectors. Power-limited circuit. Refer to
- Fire•Lite Device Compatibility Document for listed compatible
- Nonresettable Power #1 (24 VDC Nominal) –TB3, Terminals
- 3 (+) & 4 (–): Maximum ripple voltage: 10 mVRMS. Up to
- 1.5 amps total DC current available from each output. Powerlimited
- circuit. TB3, Terminals 5 (+) & 6 (–): non-resettable
- power #2.
- Nonresettable Special Application Power #2 (24 VDC Nominal)
- - TB3, Terminals 5 (+) & 6 (-): Maximum ripple voltage:
- 10mVRMS. Total DC current available from each output is up
- to 1.5 amps. Power-limited circuit, nonsupervised.
- EIA-485 (ACS/ANN) – TB6: Annunciator connector, programmable
- for type ANN or ACS. Terminal 1 (+) and Terminal 2 (–).
- EIA-485 (TERM) – TB7: Terminal mode annunciator connector,
- Terminal 1 (Out +), 2 (In +), 3 (Out –), 4 (In –).
- EIA-232 – TB8: PC/printer connector, Terminal 1 (Transmit), 2
- (Receive), 3 (DTR), 4 (Ground).