T= RS232, 00 = Beep on, LED normally red, reader flashes green on tag read
RW100 Contactless Smart Card Reader
- Expansion Modularity - Every RW (read/write) reader comes with an expansion socket that accepts
RS232, RS485 or USB communication modules. The readers can read or write to any application area
on the iCLASS® credential, with all reader functions controlled by an external host processor via the
selected serial interface using the iCLASS serial protocol.
- Secure - All RF data transmission between the card and reader is encrypted using a secure algorithm. By
using industry-standard encryption techniques and advanced key management systems, iCLASS reduces
the risk of compromised data or duplicated cards.
- Interoperability - iCLASS is based on international ISO interoperability standards providing compatibility
with many popular card technologies (ISO 15693, ISO 14443A and ISO 14443B).
- Optimal Read Range Performance - An auto-tuning feature automatically adjusts the reader for optimal
read range performance on any mounting surface.
iCLASS 13.56 MHz contactless smart cards and readers make access control more powerful, more
versatile and offer enhanced security through data encryption and mutual authentication between the card
iCLASS readers are user-friendly, delivering the same convenience and reliability of HID’s world-renowned
Prox technology, with state-of-the-art features, driven by the ever-evolving industry requirements.
Providing read/write capability, iCLASS is the platform of choice for custom applications. With HID iCLASS
credential data storage capacities of 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) or 32k bit (4k Byte), this reader line
allows for secure bi-directional data exchange between card and reader by reading and writing user data to
iCLASS cards. iCLASS-enabled read/write applications include biometric template storage, cashless vending,
time and attendance, alarm system control, HVAC control, process control, and point of sale terminals.
The RW series enables development using versatile tool kits. Use the iCLASS Software Development All iCLASS Readers Feature:
Kit (SDK) for Windows GUI development, or iCLASS Serial Protocol Document for low-level command
structure. Both kits include sample applications and source code. Commands can be sent via the RS232,
RS485 or USB hardware protocol.
- A multi-technology 13.56 MHz interface that meets ISO 14443A (MIFARE®), 14443B2, and 15693 standards.
- The ability to read 32 bit MIFARE serial numbers.
- Highly secure 64 bit diversified keys for mutual authentication.
- Encrypted data transfer between the card and the reader through the use of secure algorithms.
- Advanced key management systems to reduce the risk of compromised data or duplicated cards.
- A Wiegand output that easily interfaces with most existing Wiegand protocol access control panels.
- Crisp architectural styling with an elegantly curved faceplate.
- An easy-to-install, three-part reader, compatible with global electrical back boxes, and made more secure with the addition of a tamper magnet* and security screw.
- A factory or field configurable tri-color light bar and multi-tone speaker that provides distinguishable indicators for both the visually and hearing impaired.
- A choice of colors (black or gray) with a standard 18" (.5 m) cable pigtail.
- Confidently install iCLASS contactless smart card readers, knowing that the Wiegand output easily interfaces with most existing Wiegand protocol access control panels.
*Tamper magnet is built into all models except the R10.