OT35HONA Our Honeywell Multimillion fingerprint readers fulfill HSPD-12 http://fips201ep.cio.gov/apl.php
Smart card technology is ideally suited for access control, logical (PC) access, storage of biometric templates, secure IDs with embedded tamper-proof digital photos, parking, ePurse and many other applications requiring secure and reliable read/write cards.
Honeywell’s OmniAssure readers eloquently combine compliance with convenience. Their U.S. patent-pending flash-on-card design make OmniAssure readers the easiest to use in today’s market. With flash-on-card, the reader’s flash firmware can be easily updated to support changing government standards without removing the readers from the wall. With other smart card readers, the configuration cards only change parameter settings for the currently installed firmware.
OmniAssure readers can retrofit most standard Honeywell or Wiegand-output proximity systems. The readers also feature built-in-hardware to support future RS485 protocols and both the reading/writing of smart card credentials. This protects the OmniAssure solution for changing needs in the future.
Reader versions include smart card reader only, smart card reader plus keypad, fingerprint smart card reader, and a multi-technology smart card/prox reader. All wall-mount readers are sold as mullion with an optional U.S. gangbox (4S electrical box) mounting kit.
Compatible cards include:
- HSPD-12 / FIPS 201 PIV II cards (endpoint and transition), low-medium assurance
- TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) cards
- FRAC (First Responder Authentication Cards)
- DoD CAC (Department of Defense Common Access Credentials)
- Open standard ISO 14443 technologies (Mifare Classic, DESFire, and SmartMX)
- 125 kHz proximity technologies (including EM4102, Hitag, and HID Prox)
Configurable output formats and protocols include:
- Clock & Data
- ISO7811 Clock & Data ABA Track 2 emulation
- Serial (RS232/RS422/RS485)
Flash-on-card to update reader firmware to evolving smart card standards
Mullion and switch plate mounting
ADA compliant built-in audible buzzer
Two LEDs (red and green)
Configuration cards can be used to manage security keys and change the operating characteristics of the reader
Hidden mounting screws deter vandalism
Potted for superior weather resistance