• For use in hard to reach locations greater than 500’ from the access control unit.
• Designed by Keyscan for compatibility with any Access Control Unit and Readers supporting Wiegand
• Built-in door status monitoring, unlock relay and request to exit input reduces cable and
• Wiegand Tx Extender provides inputs for Door status monitoring and Request To Exit (RTE) and an
output to control unlock relay.
• Wiegand Rx Extender provides outputs for Door status monitoring and Request To Exit (RTE)
and an input from the unlock relay for connection to any compatible ACU.
• Extends standard 500 foot Wiegand cable distance up to 4000 feet using
proprietary RS485 communications between Transmitter and Receiver.
• Fast, easy, trouble-free installation.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Extends standard cable distance to 4000 feet for greater installation flexibility.
• Fast easy installation both at the door and the Access Control Unit (ACU).
• Proprietary RS485 communications between the Wiegand Extender Transmitter (WIEEX-Tx) and Wiegand Extender Receiver
(WIEEX-Rx). Ensures compatibility with any Wiegand compatible Access Control Unit as well as all Access Control Units and
Elevator Control Units from Keyscan.
• Simplifies your installations since the Wiegand Extender fully supports activity at one door without additional wiring expense
(Wiegand compatible reader, unlock relay, door contact and request to exit).
• The WIEEX -Rx can be installed inside the ACU and use the battery backed up power supply to simplify installation and further
• On-board communications fail output can be connected to an input on the ACU to generate an alarm if the WIEEX -Tx fails to
communicate with the WIEEX-Rx.
• Reduces the installation cost by reducing the number of wire runs, wire count and associated costs.
• Simplifies both installation and maintenance procedures.
WIEEX (Rx/Tx) Requirements:
12 VDC p or direct wired from ACU 12 VDC p power supply.
ACU/ECU to WIEEX -Rx – 50 ft (22 AWG 3 pair ) WIEEX -Rx to
WIEEX -TX – 4000 ft. (2 wire 22 AWG UTP-Unshielded Twisted Pair)
FCC Part 15, subsection J for a class B device, FCC Part 68, DOC, UL, CSA, CE.
4" x 4.25" (101mm x 108mm)
Suitable for light to moderate residential,
commercial and industrial applications.
Relative Humidity: 0 to 100% non-condensing
Temperature: -35° to 65° C