PL-EVD2 Electronic Vibration Detection System
EVD-2 SYSTEM 2020300 CONSISTING OF:
1 EVD-M Controller 2020250
1 EVD-R Remote Pickup 2020260
EVD-2C Safe/Vault Pak
Includes: HSC-1 High security safe contact
The EVD-2, Electronic Vibration Detector System, is listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. for primary protection of Mercantile or Bank, safe or vault, ATM machines and supplementary protection of interior units such as file cabinets, display cases, walls and ceilings. The System must be used with an appropriate UL listed control unit. The standard EVD-2 system consists of a model EVD-M controller and a model EVD-R remote pickup.
• Detects all common threats to safes and vaults.
• Sophisticated signal processing provides unprecedented sensitivity without false alarms.
• Expandable system allows up to 15 remote pickups, (Model EVD-R).
• Reliable, sensitive piezo sensor technology.
• On board high security safe contact interface.
• Integral, multi-color status LED.
• Built in test circuit on both controller and remote pickups.
• Remote test and annunciator capabilities.
• Supervised microprocessor.
• Independent tamper output.
• On board test point facilitates installation and service.
• Built in accumulator.
The EVD-M controller detects short duration, large amplitude signals like those produced in attacks from explosions, hammering or chiseling. It also detects long duration, small amplitude signals like those produced in attacks from torches, thermic lances, drills, grinders or cutting discs. As soon as the EVD-M detects a large amplitude alarm source it signals an alarm. The EVD-M controller supports up to 15 EVD-R remote pickups, (or may be used as a stand alone unit), and fully supervises EVDR wiring.