PL-PS24 PS-24 Stock No. 1430011
The PS-24 can be used in all areas where Photoelectric Smoke Detectors are required. The wide range smoke chamber makes the PS-24 well suited for fires ranging from smoldering to flaming fires.
SB Series Style bases may be used with the PS-24. Current interchangeable/compatible devices are the IS-24 ionization detector.
The PS-24 photoelectric smoke detector utilizes two bicolored LED's for indication of status. In a normal standby condition the LED's flash green every 3 seconds. When the detector senses that its sensitivity has drifted outside the UL listed sensitivity window the LED's will flash red every 3 seconds. When the detector senses smoke and goes into alarm the status LED's will latch on red.
The detector utilizes an infrared LED light source and silicon photo diode receiving element in the smoke chamber. In a normal standby condition, the receiving element receives no light from the pulsing LED light source. In the event of a fire, smoke enters the detector smoke chamber and light is reflected from the smoke particles to the receiving element.
The light received is converted into an electronic signal. Signals are processed and compared to a reference level, and when two consecutive signals exceeding the reference level are received within a specified period of time, the time delay circuit triggers the SCR switch to activate the alarm signal. The status LED's light continuously during the alarm period.
• Low profile, 1.8" high (with base)
• 2 or 4 wire base compatibility, relay bases available
• Highly stable operation, RF/Transient protection
• Low standby current, 45 µA at 24 VDC
• Two built-in power/sensitivity supervision/alarm LED's
• Non-directional smoke chamber
• Vandal resistant security locking feature
• Built-in magnetic go/no go detector test feature
• Removable smoke labyrinth for cleaning or replacement
• Automatic Sensitivity window verification function meets outlined requirements in NFPA 72, Chapter 7, Inspection, Testing and Maintenance.
• Compatible with IS-24 ionization detectors
• Backwards compatible with Potter PS and IS detectors.
• Compatible with Potter releasing controlsís
PS-24 Product Specifications
UL and CSFM Listed • FM Approved
Light Source: GaAIAs Infrared Emitting Diode
Rated Voltage: 17.7 - 33.0 VDC
Working Voltage: 15.0 - 33.0 VDC
Maximum Voltage: 42 VDC
Supervisory Current: 45 µA Max. at 24 VDC
Surge Current: 160 µA Max. at 24 VDC
Alarm Current: 150 mA Max. at 24 VDC
Ambient Temperature: 32°F to 120°F (0°C to 49°C)
Sensitivity Test Feature: Automatic Sensitivity window verification test.
Mounting: Refer to Potter SB-46 Smoke Detector Base series, bulletin no. 8840008.
PS-24 SENSITIVITY TEST FEATURE
The PS-24 Photoelectric Smoke Detector has a built-in automatic sensitivity test feature.
1. In normal condition, both LED's flash green.
2. When the sensitivity drifts outside of its sensitivity limits, both LED's flash red.
3. In the alarm state both LED's are red continuously.
4. When the sensitivity drifts outside of its sensitivity limits and both LED's flash red, the device needs to be cleaned or returned to the factory for cleaning.