The Direction Control Versions of the PIRAMID XL offer a field adjustable switch to control the direction of a target based on the direction of movement. A three-position digital switch allows the sensor to be set to detect 1) only approaching targets, 2) only receding targets or 3) both approaching and receding targets.
There are three different versions of the Direction Control PIRAMID XL. Each version varies somewhat in detection capabilities.
1. Models SDI-76XL-MW-VD and SDI-77XL-MW-VD are single technology microwave sensors that are best for detecting vehicles. This version comes in both a wide and narrow pattern and will detect vehicles (cars) at distances of approximately 100 ft.
2. Models SDI-76XL-MW-DIR and SDI-77XL-MW-DIR are single technology microwave sensors. The detection parameters are set up to detect pedestrians or intruders rather than vehicles. The sensor is often used in a Lookdown configuration (with PH-5 Lookdown Housing) to protect ladders, towers, the sides of buildings, etc.
3 . Models SDI-76XL-DIR and SDI-77XL-DIR are dual technology sensors combining Stereo Doppler Microwave and Passive Infrared sensors. The independent sensor technologies are "And Gated" and must activate simultaneously to create an overall sensor alarm. The detection parameters are set up to detect pedestrians and intruders rather than vehicles. The sensor can be used as a gap filler in outdoor perimeter systems. The Dual Technology Version of the direction control sensor is often used in a PH-5 Lookdown Housing to protect ladders, towers, poles, the sides of buildings, etc. against climbers or when detection on the ground at the base of the protected structure is required.
- STEREO DOPPLER MICROWAVE DETECTOR - Two receiving channels with the ability to eliminate vibration and periodically moving objects as sources of false alarms.
- DUAL ELEMENT INFRARED DETECTOR - Ignores normal temperature variations yet is very responsive to rapid infrared changes created by an intruder.
- BALANCED TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION - Stereo Doppler Microwave and Passive Infrared portions automatically adjust detection parameters to compensate for losses in range that occur at elevated temperatures.
- MICROPROCESSOR CONTROLLED - Proprietary integrated circuit design provides enhanced digital signal processing for both microwave and passive infrared technologies.
- STEREO DOPPLER SUPERVISION - A component failure will cause the sensor to lock-in alarm.
- DIRECTION CONTROL SWITCH – A Three-position digital switch that controls the direction of movement required for a sensor alarm. The sensor can be set in one of three modes:
1. Detect only approaching movement
2. Detect only receding movement
3. Detect both approaching and receding movement.
- DIGITAL RANGE CONTROL - Ten-position digital switch adjusts how far the sensor detects (to it's maximum range).
- DIGITAL SENSITIVITY CONTROL - Ten-position digital switch adjusts the amount of movement required to initiate an alarm condition.
- MASTER LED - Displayed on the face of the unit indicating the alarm relay status.
- ANALYTIC LED'S - Alarm and Environmental Caution LED's for both technologies displayed on the face of the sensor. An internal switch can disable both Master and Analytic LED's.
- WALK-TEST SOUNDER - Optional audible tester to assist in the walk-test and initial sensor setup. The XL-Sounder greatly simplifies the installation as it enables walk-testing and adjustment by a single installer.
- SWIVEL MOUNTING - 180° Horizontal Adjustment, 90° Vertical Adjustment.
- TAMPER-PROOF - Tamper switch with terminal connection.
- ALL SOLID STATE RELAY - User selectable Form C relay output. A Solid State relay is flexible, silent and more reliable than an electromechanical relay.
- METAL RAINTIGHT HOUSING - Rugged, weatherproof housing offers maximum protection against RFI and EMI interference.
- WEATHER SHROUD - Metal hood that routes rain from sensor's face and also provides maximum protection from ice, snow, wind and sun loading.
|Input Voltage: ||8.5 to 20 VDC |
|Current Consumption: ||150 ma @ 12 VDC (LED's Off) |
|RF Power Density: ||120 uW/cm2 max. at the face of the unit. |
|Operating Temperature: ||-30°F to 130°F |
-34°C to 54°C
|Maximum Camera Demensions: ||5.5" L x 2.25" W x 3.25" H |
|Relay Contact Rating: ||0.1A @ 50 VDC |
|Housing Dimensions: ||6 1/4"L x 5 1/4"W x 3 1/2"H |
|Shroud Dimensions: ||9 1/4"L x 6"W x 4 1/4"H |
|Frequency: ||10.525 MHz USA |
|Note: Additional frequencies available to satisfy various international requirements |