Honeywell’s 5809 wireless fixed heat and rate-of-rise temperature sensor offers expanded fire detection and installation flexibility. It is ideal for hard to wire locations and applications that require more than smoke detection. With no wires to run, the 5809 is fast and easy to install.
The 5809 combines both rate-of-rise and fixed temperature sensors. Fires typically cause a rapid rise in temperature in the surrounding area. The 5809’s rate-of-rise thermostat senses the rise in temperature and signals an alarm if the increase is 15° or more per minute. A built-in fixed temperature sensor will also signal an alarm if the environmental temperature rises above 135°F. The 5809 is UL Listed (UL521) and CSFM approved for commercial and residential applications.
- Contains a built-in transmitter which can send alarm, supervisory and battery condition messages to the system’s receiver/control unit
- Powered by a three-volt lithium battery. If the battery voltage gets too low, the 5809 sends a low battery signal to the control panel
- Features a tamper switch, which causes a trouble signal to be sent to the control if the unit is removed from the mounting base
- UL Listed for Commercial (when using 5881EH Receiver) or Residential applications
- Power: 3V lithium battery (Duracell DL123A, Panasonic CR123A, Sanyo CR123A, Varta CR123A)
- Operating temperature: 40° to 140°F (6° to 60°C)
- Rate-of-rise temperature: 15°F (8°C) increase per minute (NOTE: Rate-ofrise sensor does not operate above 38°C)
- Fixed temperature: 135°F (57°C)
- Maximum spacing: 50 ft x 50 ft UL, 30 ft x 30 ft FM (refer to National Fire Alarm Code Standard NFPA 72 for application requirements)
- Dimensions: 4.4” diameter/2/2” deep
- Agency Listings: UL 521 Listed for Commercial (when using 5881EH Receiver) or Residential applications
- Wireless Transmission Path Test: A good RF transmission path must be established from the proposed mounting location before permanently installing the detector. To determine that there is a good signal reception from the proposed location, perform the test procedure described in the installation instructions procedure.